Book an appointment
If you are looking for successful weight loss surgery then you are looking in the right place.
Who needs weight loss surgery
- Patients with BMI > 40 kg/m2 with or without comorbidities
- Patients with BMI ≥ 35-39.9 kg/m2 with one or more comorbidities
- Patients with BMI ≥ 30-34.9 kg/m2 with two or more comorbidities
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Pickwickian syndrome
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Venous stasis disease
- Severe urinary incontinence
- Joint diseases
- Obesity related cardiomyopathy
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Types of weight loss surgery
Bariatric Surgical Procedures we offer:
SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL - AJMAN
OBESITY = HEALTH RISK
Morbid obesity (Severe obesity) is an established risk factor of mainly health issues that will affect the life span and health in general.It is confirmed that obesity is one of the main factors that can cause:
- Diabetes mellitus TYPE II
- Coronary artery disease
- Fatty liver
- Spine problems
- Some types of cancers
In many studies, it is proved that weight loss can decrease the possibility of having the above mentioned diseases and increase the life span.
Surgery for obesity (Bariatric Surgery)
Weight loss surgery is proved to be effective significantly and quickly reducing excess body fat. However it is always recommended to try to lose weight through a healthy, calorie-controlled diet and increased amount of exercise before considering weight loss surgery.Many types of surgeries are designed to be effective in significantly and quickly reducing excess body fats. However it is always recommended to try to lose weight to a healthy, calorie control diet and increase amount of exercise before considering weight loss surgery.
Type of Surgeries
Many types of surgeries are designed to cause effective weight loss including:
- Want to know how to reduce stomach or how to loose weight? Then Sleeve gastrectomy is for you.
- Mini gastric bypass(re-routing of digestive system with single anastomosis)
- Roux-en y gastric bypass(re-routing of digestive system with two anastomosis)
- Gastric band
Each of the mentioned procedures has its advantages and disadvantages. Meet or experts to help you gain more information.
Eligibility for weight loss surgery
Worldwide census defined the eligibility for bariatric surgery according to patients BMI(Body Mass Index) as follows.Patients are considered candidates for weight loss surgery if they have:
- BMI more than 40
- BMI more than 35 with another health problem that could be include when weight is reduced like diabetes and hypertension.
Life after Bariatric surgery
Weight loss surgery can achieve impressive results in terms of the amount of weight loss. But to achieve such and impressive result, people who have had the surgery should be committed to a lifelong plan afterwards to avoid weight regain Usually committed people will enjoy healthy life, good shape and reduce possibility of having obesity related diseases. They will feel more energetic, better social life and happiness.
Weight loss surgery is not risky. It carries 1-2% risk of significant complications which is considered to be very low percentage. New guidelines, technologies and expert hands all play a role in reducing the risk.
Our bariatric surgeons at SGH-Ajman are committed for providing excellent services by :
- Thorough education and explanation of the surgery to our patients including: the procedure, expected outcome, commitments, risks, and post-op instructions
- Comprehensive evaluation before surgery
- Surgery in expert hands
- Excellent, state of the art operating theaters
- Comprehensive plan for post-operative follow-up