The SGH Dietetics department service is available for all inpatients and outpatients during their treatment through personalized attention to our patients and families with regards to their diet and well-being in a more professional way.
- Identifying nutrition problems and assessing the nutritional status of patients admitted in the hospital through Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
- Assessing, promoting, protecting, and enhancing the health of the general public in a community setting / Hospital setting.
- Developing diet plans and counseling patients on special diet modifications and providing strategies for prevention of nutrition-related diseases.
- Managing food production, distributing high quality meals/snacks, and monitoring sanitation and safety standards in a food service setting.
Our Services & Specialties support for patients:
- Diet for Normal/ Healthy Individuals.
- Therapeutic Nutrition assessment: Diet in Diabetic Individuals.
- Diet in Kidney disease: Chronic Kidney disease (Pre Dialysis stages), diets for dialyzed patients (Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis)
- Expertise in Nutrition Support/ Enteral Nutrition – ICU feeding
- Expertise in Pre/Post-surgical diets.
- Pediatric Diet Counselling: Infants, school going children, Adolescents.
- Special Diets in Pediatric: Diet in Cystic Fibrosis, Minimal Change disease (Nephrotic Syndrome), Failure to thrive,
- Diet in diseases of Liver, Pancreas, Gallbladder and Gastro intestinal tract.
- Diets for Pregnant and Lactating mothers. Diet in Gestational Diabetes.
- Diets for specific age groups (Geriatric, Adults and Pediatric).
- Diets in various Gastro Intestinal disorders like Constipation, IBS, IBD, Celiac disease etc.
- Diet in various Cancers.
- Diet for various anti-inflammatory diseases like arthritis, Crohn’s, IBS, MS, Thyroid disorders.
- Diet for Pre – Bariatric / Post – Bariatric Surgery.
- Weight Loss diets.
- Diet in Cardio vascular disease, Diets in Hypertension and Cholesterol management.
- Diet in Metabolic Syndrome/Disease.
- Diet in Multiple Food Allergies – Gluten Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, etc.
- Diet in Eating disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia etc.
- Diet in Neuro diseases, stroke, Facial paralysis, etc.
- Diets in Nutritional deficiencies such as Anemia, PEM (Protein Energy Malnutrition), Kwashiorkor, Vitamin D deficiency etc.
In Patient Dietary Services:
- Nutritional assessment of patients at the time of admission and verbal counselling is given.
- Creates customized nutritional programs based on the health needs of patients and counsel patients on how to improve their health through nutrition
- Everyday visits to all patients by Dietician.
- Patient and Family education.
Out Patient Dietary Services:
- Diet counseling is done to the patients as per their health diagnosis/condition or on the advice of the treating consultant.
- To conduct OPD Clinics to provide expertise in nutrition, as well as promote health and prevent disease.
- Diet counselling for any Walk In/Referral by treating Consultant.
- Diet Plan to be given after verbal counselling for the patients.